Lake County Conservation District Hazardous Fuels Reduction Specifics
- Hazardous fuels reduction through forestry treatments on non-federal lands.
- Community/citizen education.
- This cost share will require a minimum of a 25% cash match from landowner. Reimbursement will not exceed $1250/acre.
- Standard crown spacing or variable density thinning averaging 10 ft+ crown spacing for individual trees (greater on dry and/or sloped sites) or space between clumps of trees equivalent to the average diameter of the clumps.
- Goal of reducing overall basal area by 30%-50%
- Ladder fuels will be removed and pruning specs may be specified up to 12’ or 1/3 the height of the tree.
- Treat all thinning slash and down woody fuels by piling and burning, chipping, or a combination of methods.
Max Amount for cost-share is $1250/acre
APPLICATION PERIOD IS OPEN NOW!
Fill out this online interest form or download the paper application and mail it to or email it to email@example.com:
LCCD-Attn: Heidi Fleury
64352 US Highway 93
Ronan, MT 59864
Forest Fuels Hazard Reduction Cost-Share
Webinar: Common Forest Disease and Pests
LAKE COUNTY CONSERVATION DISTRICT FOREST FUELS HAZARD MAP
Fuel hazard ratings were derived from data available publicly from LANDFIRE (www.landfire.gov). After a meeting of the stakeholders the same areas identified by the map above and the seasoned land managers informed our decision to focus funding first in the Rocky Point, White Swan and Jette areas. It will not be limited to these areas though and all applications will be ranked on uniform criteria and funded accordingly.
Funding priorities were identified by a group of community stakeholders including the Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation, Lake County Office of Emergency Management, CSKT Forestry and Disaster and Emergency Services representatives.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Phone: 406-676-2811×102 or 406-217-6959